Wednesday, September 30, 2026

Poem on Different Truths

 My poem, reflecting on urban alienation and societal unrest across regions, published on Different Truths,  30 September 2026.

 Unveiling the Secrets of Identity and Anonymity in Crowds - Different Truths

https://www.differenttruths.com/unveiling-the-secrets-of-identity-and-anonymity-in-crowds/ 

 

I’m nobody on the road
howsoever well-dressed:
the face reveals I am just
a stranger in the crowd of
many in a hurry lost
in their own concerns


I see tourists catching fish
with willow wicker basket
at Panzath Nag in Kulgam
cleaning the spring in May
for paddy harvest


a leader in saffron shawl
in protest against hijab
incites students to respond
to attendance in class
with a Jai Shri Ram


I watch police lathi charge
people assembled on road
to pray on Friday tensions
run high in Park Circus
I’m delayed again


in the traffic chaos hit
by disappearing footpaths
demolition drive, clashes
and falling from grace
Brahma’s babies and God’s son
who cares how I look

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home