Monday, January 11, 2021

SYBIL publishes my three poems


'Aftermath' 'Smoke' and 'Cleansing', by R.K. Singh

Aftermath

Between the mossy and thorned pathways
shadows slant. He trumps the press and praises PM
wisdom splashed in gonzo arguments
cocks the walk. Others feel his sting but prefer
silence. They know the caged parrot’s free
to shame seven decades of democracy groomed
differently. They know how weak they are
to stop the burning forest’s ash from reddening
now aberrations clot in the mind
await Ram’s hanging before the wounded converts
count the cries, lashes and piercings

 

Smoke

I can’t enter
the sky high mind
of a crow or eagle

but I know
how it feels
in cold-wet air

I have lived
breathless winter
in the open

and no star woke up
to clean the smoke
I slowly became

 

Cleansing

I’m no god nor beast
I can’t live alone

can’t sail with the stream
even if foolish

seeking chimeras
imploring in vain

finished relations
link pigs, snakes, monkeys

crowd the pretences
in my head suspend

all formulations
now no more cleansing

spirit viruses
and false oracles

 

 

 

 https://www.sybiljournal.com/work-2/2021/1/11/aftermath-smoke-and-cleansing-by-rk-singh

 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home