Wednesday, June 26, 2019

Poems from Poetcrit, July-December 2019

Poems



1

ROOTLESS

Hidden from the eyes of others
I was made in secret
but I can’t remember my birth


from foetus in the womb
to severing of the cord
erased the memory


now rootless in the valley
fading sensations of years
pierce the darkling wings of
world wide web that blob my being
twisted and tangled, brushed


away like a fly hate mongers
hashtag my creation
pirouetting platitudes

2
DESIGNS


Variously hued
neo-knights knock voters’ doors
search the holy grail
howling, trolling, abusing
baying for blood, lynching, rape


exposing designs
for new history, geography
and deity in mosques
set right blunders they didn’t write
reclaim rights they always had



3
NEW DAWN


I love the night with you
when sleepless we yield
to passions of the body
tugging the nagging divine
in the mind ageing fear melt
and dry between the sheets
for a new dawn to set in



--Ram Krishna Singh

Published in Poetcrit , Vol. 32, No.2, July-December 2019, p. 132


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home