Sunday, October 04, 2020

My poems published in ПЕТРУШКА НАСТАМБА - Часопис за језик, књижевност и културу

 

1

NIRVANA

Hours of silence

and a lot of walks:

no facile words

no touchiness

no paranoia

no pilgrimage

but chanting within

through the declining day

the inner acoustics

on a hilltop

no cloudy incantation:

gasp for nirvana

2

ENERGY BLOCK

Frazzled and restless

bouts of anxiety

addiction, sleeplessness

spinal degeneration

pain in the neck and back

numbness in the legs

loss of teeth, libido

anal bleeding and what not

failure to stay focused

and dying desires to do

what I used to do

are not mere ageing

things get hairy, scary

with body failure

ailments pop up

spirit dries up

mind disconnects

I’m hardly centered

to clean my age’s turd

on inner chakras

meditate and forget

the memories’ load

and die a new being

3

ROOTLESS

Hidden from the eyes of others

I was made in secret

but I can’t remember my birth

from foetus in the womb

to severing of the cord

erased the memory

now rootless in the valley

fading sensations of years

pierce the darkling wings of

world wide web that blob my being

twisted and tangled, brushed

away like  a fly hate mongers

hashtag my creation

pirouetting platitudes

4

BURIAL

I want to burn the fallen leaves

but fear the flame will hurt the trees

I can’t stand the stench rains bring

the backyard is too big to clean

I can’t rescue my habitat

nor trim the trees for better light

this all reflects the shambles made

for disco of convenience

why regret burial by

taunting helplessness now

5

TEN TANKA

No one around

before the paper deity

dead flowers

giving me the push

„quick, get up,“ I hear

 

Waking to a morning

tainted with prayers

on the toilet seat

nude nature waves a dull sun

smitten by the night’s long eclipse

 

Earthy body

and nightness of silence

fear in mirror

return to the river

echoing hollowed sound

 

Before retiring

swallowing pills to mitigate

her rising hackles

that walk me through to death

of desire for love in bed

 

Life is beautiful

when you enter another

body…mind

and become one

in each other

 

No cakes or cookies

to celebrate my birthday

this New Year eve

lunar eclipse and blue moon

cheer the cup in foggy chill

 

Short nights and long days

sleep loss rustles a friction

echoing in bed

the cycle of cravings

over and over again

 

The busyness

and weariness of now

they toss about

regulating their sleep

by one another’s

 

Light switched off

for love sliding on

window pane

moon too shies away

behind the bare trees

 

A moment of love

and long silence for years:

from dream to nightmare

again fear grips my soul

I sense her presence around

Ram Krishna Singh

 Bio Note: Ram Krishna Singh

 Ram Krishna Singh, an Indian poet, has been writing in English for about four decades. Professionally,  till the end of 2015,  Professor of English (HAG) at IIT-ISM in Dhanbad, he has published more than 160 research articles, 175 book reviews and 46 books, including  God Too Awaits Light (2017), Growing Within/Desăvârşire lăuntrică  (English/Romanian, 2017),  There’s No Paradise and Other Selected Poems Tanka & Haiku (2019), and Tainted With Prayers/Contaminado con oraciones (English/Spanish, Traductor Joseph Berolo Ramos, 2019). He has also published a memoir, Writing Editing Publishing: A Memoir (2016), which may interest literary historians, researchers and poets. His haiku and tanka have been  internationally read and appreciated. web https://profrksingh.wordpress.com ; email: profrksingh@gmail.com 

https://petruska-nastamba.ml/ram-krishna-singh-indian/

 

 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home