Saturday, November 27, 2021

法橋太郎 (Taro Hohashi) Translates My Tanka into Japanese

 1. 

She hears the voice

of unrealized bliss in

the coos of koel

at the window sill this evening

rains love and delight

 

#1 彼女聴く至福ならざる蝙蝠や夜の窓辺に愛喜の雨降る

 

10 

At the river

she folds her arms and legs

resting her head

upon the knees and sits

as an island

 

#10 膝の上に頭を置いて坐りをり川に彼女は島となる 

 

12

The wind lifts

her curved nudity hidden

in the water curtain:

I touch the strings that whisper

love in each falling drop

 

#12 風うつり水のカーテンに隠された彼女の裸体落ちる愛の滴 

 

15

You and I alive

in cold winter night feeling

warmth of your body

through erect nipples

after days of abstinence

 

#15 汝と我と生きて寒い冬の夜に汝の乳首勃つ禁欲の後 

 

28

Your vacant eyes

reveal this city:

dim, humid, absent-minded

orchestrating  bronchial noises

‘quake in the face

 

 

#28 汝のうつろその眼が街を明らかにす気管支の音の顔をふるはす

 

34.

 

A moment of love

and long silence for years:

from dream to nightmare

again fear grips my soul

I sense her presence around

 

 

#34 ひとときの恋の後なる沈黙は汝の面影に悪夢とならん

 

38.                                                                                                                           

 

They couldn’t hide the moon

in water or boat but now

fish moonlight from sky:

I watch their wisdom and smile

why I lent my rod and bait

 

 

#38 み空より月の光を釣りあげる彼らの知恵に貸し竿と餌かな
 
 

43.

 

My hand held out

in the dark remained empty:

no one reached it

to give joy of

the meeting hands

 

 
 
#43 闇のなかわが差し出だす手のむなし逢ひし喜びのその手知られず

 法橋太郎

 

Translated by 法橋太郎  posted on his Facebook timeline on https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=1273679163101675&id=100013788098141

 

From 50 Tanka in English viewed on http://profrksingh.simplesite.com/418029661  

 

  

 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home